Friday, April 7, 2017

Sky Replacement Tutorial

Instead of keying out the sky. This process uses masks to take out the sky and replace it with an image. That image can then also track movement in the sky, by tracking a cloud within the sky, and parenting that null object to the replacement sky.


Original Tutorial



For this tutorial, I experimented with keying out a sky and replacing it with a galaxy photo. I wanted to test it out on a video, but I couldn't find a sample one that could work. So I resorted to using a photo just as a test. The process is a bit difficult, because the keying cannot be edited. So if the video has a clear blue background, but the figure in it is wearing a blue t-shirt, it'll take that out as well. I'll be taking that into account when filming.

Original Image

No comments:

Post a Comment